what is nose job?
Nose job (rhinoplasty) is usually done by an ENT (ear, nose and throat) surgeon, maxillofacial surgeon or plastic surgeon to improve the nose performance (plastic surgery) or its appearance (cosmetic surgery).
Rhinoplasty is performed for aesthetic reasons or reconstructive purposes such as removing damages, congenital defect, or breathing problems. Rhinoplasty can be combined with other operations such as chin augmentation to get a better aesthetic result.
- 4 important features in modern rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Rhinoplasty statistics in Iran
Main features of modern rhinoplasty (nose job)
- Nose surgery preserves the respiration performance, means that not only there’s no problem for patient’s respiration after the operation but also respiration improvement occurs in such cases
- No need of using nose tampon which in most cases leads to nasal obstruction, dryness of mouth and severe pain when removing it.
- Natural operation of the nose which fits totally to your face.
- The patient starts hisher social activities because of the least bruise
- In rhinoplasty which is performed for appearance of the nose, a special part of the nose (bone and cartilage) change to fit better to other parts of the face. For this purpose we can use small incisions inside the nose (close rhinoplasty) or in addition to the above incisions we use tiny incisions between the nostrils (open rhinoplasty).
There’s often a temporary bruise and swelling on the face after operation. Others rhinoplasty threats include:
- A hole or ulcer in septum (septum which separate the nostrils)
- Skin problems (skin necrosis) and dermatitis because of the patches on the nose
- Severe nasal obstruction
- Anesthesia side effects
Nose job statistics in Iran
Nose surgery is the most popular cosmetic surgery in Iran; therefore, Iran is in the first place in the world in this regard. One of the reasons is the nose anatomy of Iranian race which is different from European’s; thus, Iranian does it more than other countries.
Dr. Ebrahim Razmpa, the head of the 5th International Congress of Iran’s Rhinology Association, believes that Iranian special nose anatomy, higher quality of operations, high level of surgeon and physician knowledge in this field and low cost of the surgery in comparison with other countries are the main reasons of its popularity.